Almost 20% of high school grads haven't developed basic reading proficiency by the time they don their cap and gown and roughly 20-23% of U.S. adults are reading at the basic, or below basic levels of proficiency.
Don’t let your students become part of this statistic…
Learn how to accurately diagnose reading deficits and implement a comprehensive, multi-tiered reading program that will address the needs of your most struggling students.
- Watch our video introduction to learn more!
- Identify the specific literacy and learning needs of your middle and high school students.
- Bolster your students’ decoding, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension skills.
- Improve students’ accuracy and fluency in oral reading, silent reading and writing.
- Increase students’ literary and academic vocabularies, as well as background knowledge.
- Reduce student failure on formative, summative, district and statewide assessments.
- Address behavior problems of students related to academic failure and frustration.
- Help decrease early drop out, teen pregnancy, generational illiteracy, criminal tendencies.
- Contribute to a more educated and financially stable society.
We offer both online and on-site learning options for all our professional development workshops. Contact us to discuss training options that best meet the needs of your staff/school/district.
Our training delivers the three Cs...
- Customization...content tailored specifically to your staff development needs
- Convenience...training when and where it's most convenient for you
- Consistency...all your staff receive the same message at the same time for consistent implementation
Contact Us to discuss training options
A Research-Based Literacy Improvement Model that delivers Accelerated Results
The Expedition Literacy workshops introduce you to a sequence of four different reading interventions designed to give struggling readers the literacy skills they need to be successful in college or career. Download and Share Our Complete Product Overview
This training features:
- Foundations of Reading: supports students in grades 6 through 12 who are reading at the 3rd- or 4th-grade levels. This course teaches common letter-sound correspondences in order to improve students’ understanding and application of the alphabetic principle. It also emphasizes word analysis skills to promote accuracy and automaticity in the recognition of multi-syllabic words.
- Adventures in Reading: helps students in grades 7 through 12 reading at the 4th- to 6th-grade levels. This course builds on students’ word analysis competencies to improve their ability to recognize and define high-frequency words. It also focuses on the level students’ oral reading fluency.
- Mastery of Meaning: benefits students in grades 8 through 12 reading at the 6th- to 8th grade levels. Building on student’s oral reading fluency and understanding of basic language concepts, this course utilizes silent reading, writing, speaking, and listening activities to broaden their vocabularies and expand their background knowledge.
- Explorations is for students in grades 9 through 12 reading at the 8th-grade level or beyond. This course builds on students’ fundamental reading skills, and provides instruction in research, study, and problem solving strategies to improve the comprehension of informational text. It also enables students to gather and analyze information as well as integrate information in writing.