Transform how you use suspensions from ‘time away’ to ‘time engaged’, reducing overall suspensions and improving student academic and social functioning.
Implementing a Positive Alternatives to Suspension program provides a structured environment for delivering high level consequences while teaching pro-social skills.
Create an environment with high expectations, low tolerances and a focus on both academic and skill teaching. At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have a greater understanding of suspensions, expulsions and alternative suspension programs.
- Develop a plan to implement an alternative to suspension program in your school/district.
- Increase student and teacher satisfaction
- Be ready to utilize strategies during an alternative to suspension to improve the academic and behavioral functioning of students.
- Possess tools and strategies to support students’ social and emotional growth.
We have online, distance learning options for all of our professional development workshops. Contact us and we can talk through what options would work best for you and your staff.
You can have this workshop where you are. On-site training delivers the three Cs...
- Customization...content tailored specifically to your staff development needs
- Convenience...training when and where it's most convenient for you
- Consistency...all your staff receive the same message at the same time for consistent implementation
We will have an online, distance learning option for this workshop in July!
Attend one of our National Workshops in the Village of Boys Town, Nebraska, nestled securely in the city of Omaha. Register online today for a workshop at Boys Town.
A Research-Based Education Model that delivers Real-World Results
Schools that have implemented the strategies experience the following notable changes:
- Reduced number of students earning repeat suspensions.
- Increased academic engagement and time spent in class.
- Reduced disproportionality in suspensions.
- Improved students problem solving and social and emotional skills.
- Lectures, videos and demonstrations
- Group activities, role-plays and feedback sessions
- Take-home materials, including an information-packed participant manual
- Seasoned professional trainers with real-life classroom experience